Thursday, June 24, 2010

Happily Married Till Death Do Us Part!


I know I haven’t written much lately. I have been busy with my wedding to the love of my life, whom I married yesterday in Connecticut, on our 14th anniversary. It was the most beautiful day of my life! Although we met in 1996, this is the first year since Governor David Paterson declared that New York would recognize out of state marriages. It was a devastating blow for us on Dec 2nd of last year, when we went to Albany to fight for gay marriage, only to see it defeated. Yesterday, we made another step forward, one that will take us to the point of fighting for same sex marriage until it is passed, not only in New York, but in all states. This is not the end of the fight for us, but another reason for us to fight until discriminatory laws like DOMA and DADT are repealed. I’ll be writing again as steadily as I was after this weekend, but for now my attention is focused on enjoying my honeymoon!

Hope everyone is well! Happy Pride everyone!

4 comments:

  1. CONGRATS! I look forward to doing the same thing with my partner one day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I look foward to sending you both congratulations when that day comes! It'll happen! Muah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! May God bless you both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! We appreciate your kind words! God Bless you and yours as well!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment! Spam will not be tolerated.