Friday, September 17, 2010

Twitter Fans Retweet Lady Gaga in DADT Error



This morning Lady Gaga, one of my new favorite artists and a voice for LGBT equality was showcased in  a new video on You tube. The video is aimed at the repeal of the Military’s “Don’t Ask Don’t Tell” (DADT).  As anyone who is even vaguely aware knows, Lady Gaga is a staunch supporter of gay rights and LGBT equality.




I have nothing but admiration for her as both a singer, star and human being. It’s one reason I was a little frustrated when Lady Gaga tweeted:
Support @ladygaga and fight against the abolishment of the 'DON'T ASK, DON'T TELL' law ... http://twitition.com/vzkp6 @TheReal_JakeK

I wrote her as quickly as I could, after writing in the time line to everyone that Lady Gaga was FOR the abolishment of DADT. Many of her fans were already running with the tweet. Sorry to the anti gay organizations, Lady Gaga is very much for the repeal of “DADT”.  I only wish my fellow tweeters had read it more carefully. Still, I must admit, the look on the faces of the homophobes must have been priceless, to see such a tweet.  Sorry again, false alarm. DADT will be repealed, and yes Lady Gaga will be celebrating along with us. So to all the “Little Monsters” march on and keep tweeting and be “Gaga for Equality”. Please call your Senators 202-224-3121 and let them know you want “Don’t Ask Don’t Tell” to be repealed. There is a vote likely coming on Tuesday. Thank you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment! Spam will not be tolerated.